||MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION invites applications for the position of:
Environmental Analyst IV (Contractual)
||$49,899.00 – $80,078.00 Annually
||08/28/17 11:59 PM
|OPEN RECRUITMENT ***Extended Closing Date*** This is a contractual position. Contractual positions may offer partially subsidized State Health Benefits but do not offer paid leave.
The Maryland Department of Transportation The Secretary’s Office (MDOT TSO) is seeking a contractual Environmental Analyst IV for the Office of Environment (OE). OE is seeking contractual services for a period of at least one year, to assist with implementation of on-going program activities and development of future program initiatives. The contractor will assist with managing MDOT’s multi-media environmental portfolio, which involves: (I) researching, analyzing, and evaluating environmental impacts of MDOT’s activities, products, and services; (II) providing recommendations for minimizing and mitigating environmental impacts; and (III) collaborating with metropolitan planning organizations and other interest groups to formulate various transportation-related environmental policies. The position coordinates work activities at MDOT Headquarters and at the Transportation Business Units (TBUs), to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations, as well as promote non-regulatory environmental stewardship initiatives. The Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of transportation-related air quality regulations
- Knowledge of State greenhouse gas legislation and policies
- Knowledge of general environmental management and compliance issues
- Knowledge of environmental policy matters (e.g. smart growth, climate change, and sustainability) and environmental regulations (e.g. Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act)
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and display exceptional writing proficiency that is clear, concise, organized and tailored for the intended audience
The current contractual Environmental Analyst IV position is located at MDOT TSO in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County).
*Connecting You to Life’s Opportunities*
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural sciences, earth science, physical science, environmental science, chemistry, physics, biology, agronomy, forestry, horticultural or related sciences, geography, environmental planning, civil engineering, sociology, economics, planning, anthropology, architectural history or related fields such as ecology, landscape architecture, or environmental engineering. Experience: Six years experience in environmental analysis to include the development of plans, specifications, estimates, and design, OR six years experience in environmental management to include the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental compliance plans for air quality, storm water management, wastewater treatment, hazardous waste management, pollution prevention, solid waste management or multi-media operations. Consideration for employment may be based solely on the contents of your application. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information. Please include all relevant experience on your application. This includes, but is not limited to, full or part time, volunteer, military, acting capacity, or any other experience that is relevant to the position for which you are applying. If you have held more than one position at the same employer, please list each position that you held and the length of time that you held each position. NOTES: 1. Possession of a Master’s degree in one of the disciplines required may be substituted for one year of the required non-supervisory experience. 2. Possession of a Doctorate’s degree in one of the disciplines required may be substituted for two years of the required non-supervisory experience. 3. U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as defined under the Minimum Qualifications may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
|LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
|Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: You must complete a MDOT application to be considered for this recruitment. RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE MDOT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
Selected candidates may be subject to background and reference checks.
You may download an application, or you may apply online at: www.mdot.maryland.gov/employment. If you need a paper application mailed to you, please call (410) 865-1073. Mail your application to: Recruitment and Examinations Unit, 7201 Corporate Center Drive, Hanover, MD 21076. Your application must be received by 8/28/17. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications sent without sufficient postage will not be accepted and will be returned. Applications sent through interoffice mail that are not received by the closing date will not be accepted. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please notify in advance. MD Relay Service Number (711). Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Maryland Department of Transportation is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Applicants who have education obtained outside of the U.S. will be required to provide proof of the equivalent U.S. education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service, such as the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://www.naces.org) or the American Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (AACRAO) International Education Services (http://ies.aacrao.org/).
The incumbent in this position will not be a member of a covered bargaining unit and will not be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MDOT does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, creed, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Issue Date: 7/31/17
Reissue Date: 8/10/17
Environmental Analyst IV (Contractual) Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you have at least six (6) years of experience in environmental analysis to include the development of plans, specifications, estimates and design?
* 2. If you answered 'yes' to question #1, please describe this experience to include where (employer) and when (month/year) you obtained this experience. Please note that this experience must also be documented in your application. If you answered 'no' to question #1, please enter 'N/A'.
* 3. Do you have at least six (6) years of experience in environmental management to include the development, implementation, and monitoring of environmental compliance plans for air quality, storm water management, wastewater treatment, hazardous waste management, pollution prevention, solid waste management, or multi-media operations?
* 4. If you answered 'yes' to question #3, please describe this experience to include where (employer) and when (month/year) you obtained this experience. Please note that this experience must also be documented in your application. If you answered 'no' to question #3, please enter 'N/A'.
* Required Question