Full-Time Recycling Coordinator
The Civicorps Recycling Program offers truck driving training leading to a Class B license. The Recycling Coordinator will work in Civicorps’ Recycling Social Enterprise which provides recycling collection services to small businesses, commercial operations and institutions in Oakland and other parts of the East Bay.
The minimum requirements for the position are a HS Diploma (BA Degree a plus); driver’s license with clean driving record; supervisory and youth development experience; and the ability to pass drug testing.
The Recycling Coordinator will directly supervise all Recycling interns (approximately 15 but this number may fluctuate and increase over time). The Coordinator will evaluate interns on their skills completing daily routes, safety and operation inspections of vehicles and other equipment, safe work practices, information tracking, as well as knowledge surround the various types of recycling materials (paper, bottles and cans, metals, E-waste and used oil collection center visits. The Coordinator will also drive C trucks on regular routes for Civicorps Recycling when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directly supervising and evaluating all recycling interns
- Works closely with Driver Training Coordinator on updating and evaluating each intern’s progress within the Prosperity Certification platform
- Work closely with Recycling Manager on ensuring proper number of interns are employed and are progressing through the program.
- Responsible for assessing all potential intern candidates and conducting interviews
- Responsible for conducting and documenting all intern disciplinary actions
- Responsible for overall efficiency of operations of mixed recyclables collection
- Responsible for assigning each intern to daily assignment. This includes assigning the proper amounts of interns to oil collection site visits and E-waste at the respective coordinator’s request as well as staffing mixed recyclable routes.
- Responsible for performing and supervising basic mechanical repairs and coordinating repair / replacement of vehicles.
- Assist Recycling Manager in maintaining and updating routes accurately and efficiently.
- Assist or completes mixed recyclable routes, oil collection site visits or E-waste pick-up / events as needed.
- Operates vehicles in accordance with Civicorps, and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all other local, state and federal laws.
- Assist Recycling Manager in maintaining appropriate inventory levels of recycling containers and bins.
- Periodically performs routine maintenance on recycling bins and containers at customer locations.
- Constructs recycling bins and containers at JTC as needed.